TODAY

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Today Oct. 23, 2005

Brrrrrr! It is a cold Sunday morning!

Today I am supposed to eat lunch with my friend Amy Coburn. She had been to so many operations for this and that. I can't even keep up on what they were. But I am so glad that she is feeling better, and everything is over with. She just needs to visit the doctor yearly to check up on all those problems. Which reminds me that I need to do it myself too. Aaagggghhh!

I asked my daughter Danaea, if she wanted to eat out with a friend, but she said she just wanted to stay home. I promised her that I bring food for her.

As I was getting ready to dress, our home phone rang and I answered it. To my surprise it was Mama Jean, my mother-in-law. She said she brought some Halloween muffin for the baby. Yes that's Danaea! hehehe...

She wanted to take us out girls to lunch. I was trying to tell Mama how about dinner. She said it was still 12noon. I figured she might be hungry and just wanted lunch. Hmmmm... I was in trouble. I need to met my friend because it has been a long time since I saw her, and this lunch with her has been postphoned even before I left for the Philippines. I didnt think it was right to blow her away because I have to eat with Mama Jean.

On the other hand, I love Mama Jean. I dont ever want to say No to her. So I called my hubby Skip and asked him, how do I handle this and not make my mother-in-law feel bad.

Brilliant Skip said, go pick up Mama. Don't tell her about your date with your friend Amy. Just say, "Mama I am going to take you out for lunch somewhere special." hehehe... So that is exactly what I did.

Mama was surprised why we were driving for about 30 minutes and we still haven't stop to eat. hehehe... Poor Mama! I just talked and talked to her to keep her amused and that I will bring her somewhere fancy.

Then my friend called, and I didn't tell my friend about Mama either, and we all had lunch at Mercado Juarez restaurant. I told Mama I will take care of the tab, and so she offered to buy me groceries. Oh, Mama Jean is such a sweetheart! I thanked her for the offer, but told her I will take care of our groceries too! I enjoyed that brief meeting with my friend, and most of all I enjoyed it because I was able to bring Mama Jean with me and eat out.

I had planned a big day. But with the cold weather, Mama and I just headed back home. I decided to blew all my other skeds or errands to do and just stayed home the whole day. I needed the rest anyways. And of course I brought Danaea something to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home