TODAY

Friday, July 15, 2005

Today - July 15, 2005

Payday! Pei Wei Day!

I wanted to join my office buddy for lunch in Pei Wei but I had to go home earlier today. Our storm door is scheduled to be installed at 2PM - 3PM. We got it at Home Depot and they told us that they would install the door at our convenience. And so far, the experience hasnt been a convenient one. Just getting the schedule from the installers (Wagner) was a hurdle.

We were supposed to have the door installed last week and we were waiting for the schedulers to call us what time they would be coming over. I got a call from them at 7:39 Friday evening... unfortunately I missed it. The message said to call them back. AndI did! It was a voicemail box saying "Please leave your number, name, and message, and we will call you back as soon as we can, and one message will suffice." So I called back and left a message that Friday.

Then come Saturday, we still haven't heard from them, so I called them again and left the message. Still not hearing from them, I got aggravated. I wanted our door installed coz we had other plans to do the next weekend. We called Home Depot and they informed us that the scheduling team don't work on weekends. So, I had to calm down and waited for Monday.

The days passed by quickly and by Monday evening, I still got no phone call from the Wagner group. Tuesday, I waited, and still no calls. After lunch, I decided to call them, and as usual it was a voicemail. I left the message again. My husband called Home Depot and told them about the many calls I made and there was nobody to answer it. I on the other hand, was really irritated at how a business that was supposed to give services already sucks and there was still no service rendered.

The process of just getting the service was already a big, big disappointment! We had to get mad at Home Depot and the Wagner group to get an action done. Home Depot finally called the Wagner group and did a conference call for us, so we could make the arrangement. Now how simple was that? I even had to leave work early just so I could have my doors installed that weekend, coz it might take another week if I say I can't be there on Friday afternoon between 2PM-3PM.

Why did Home Depot made us go through the aggravation of calling back and leaving messages if they could do, just what they did? Why did they told us we will have the door installed at our convenience... when it is the other way around. It is really in the convenience of the installers!!!

And why does Wagner have a business deal with Home Depot, when they can't even give a good service in scheduling an installation? Why do we have to pay so much money for this kind of service???

You can make up your own conclusion! I just wanna share to you all the aggravation we had to go through to get our storm door installed. Be aware and be prepared when you get through this kind of deals. It might just sound too good to be true.

Note: Friday (July 15, 2005)
At exactly 2PM, I was in the house waiting for Wagner installers. At 4:40PM Wagner representative or it could have been the man himself showed up the door to install the door. Shortly at about 30 minutes, the storm outside was starting. What a irony! It is indeed a storm door, since it was installed when the surroundings was starting to storm. You could see flashes of lightning and hear the thunder. Installation was done after an hour, too late for me to go buy a phonecard to call the Philippines. It just blew all my schedules to do down the toilet... since again, they came in late. The finished job looked ok... but the services of scheduling and arriving on time sucked. All in all, I will not pay for their services again. I had to work extra hours Thursday just so I could leave early the next day to accommodate them. Had I known, I could have gone home the usual time (4PM) and still be on time - since they showed up two hours late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home