TODAY

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Today - August 7, 2005

The big day is here, we were celebrating my citizenship, and we were still cleaning the house. I felt bad to have my nephew Randy help us in the house, because he came here to enjoy his vacation and have fun. It was to Thank GOD for the many blessings he has bestowed on all of us (Greg's graduation, Wendy's Bar results, Randy's conference paper, Skip's job, Danaea's school, my cousin Eva's fiancee visa interview, etc.)!!!

We had to get the pansit behon from Marilou in Plano, and pick up Danaea in Rowlett, then pick up the lechon by 11AM. We still wanted to buy beef, sausage, ice and veggie, but there was no more time to do it all. We only had one car.

Danaea was a bit upset when we picked her up. The party was not a slumber party. She said she called and called last night for me to pick her up. But I never got the call. So she ended up sleeping with the birthday celebrant Angelica. I felt so embarrassed because I just presumed that the party was going to be a slumber party. And my poor daughter felt so bad to encrouched on Angelica and her parents, but since she had nowhere to go, she had to.

Gosh, I am not really myself these days! It seems like, there is so many things I need to do and so little time and I am cramming myself to confusion. I forgot that my nephew Randy was an SDA and he doesn't eat pork, so I stayed up late last night to make three dishes (chicken salad, chicken apritada and chicken adobo).

The lechon was the main dish, and in my previous blog where I talked about it. My in laws and friend Martha and Patrick who were all caucasian never saw one before, and there were mixed reactions. Mama Jean was so excited about it, and Wendy was groused at it.

But even if the day started so pressured... we still managed to have a successful party. I was so thankful for all my good friends that came and brought something to share, and my relatives that supported us! It was really a real blessing to have these special people near me.

Our first guest were Maria Nixon and hubby Dennis (beautiful card and dangling earring), then Sancha and Toto Pascual with their kids Trinka and Tofer and Inang (filipino delicacies). Then Wendy (Skip's younger daughter and she brought cheese), Mama Jean (Mexican dip and chips), Patricia McRae (brownies) and sister in law Fides Pacheco (lemon cake), Christi, Greg and Brooke, Martha (beautiful flower and card), Ate Zonia (puto), Patrick, Marilou Kordy (pansit behon) and Marilou Orchard. We didnt have enough chairs, but it still worked out well. They were all so sweet and I just wanted to thanked everyone who came and partied and shared with us their time and effort and gifts to make the party a success!

God Bless America, for its wonderful great country and people! And I am so proud and happy to be one!!!

Luckily (well, just for this moment) Southwest was again delayed for over an hour, so Skip was able to rest a bit before I had to drive him to Love Field at 6:45PM, for his flight back to Albuquerque, NM. I then started cleaning up the mess of the party and was so tired by the time I went to bed.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Deborah Liza Steele said…

    I got a nice email from a very very good friend and buddy in the Philippines and here is what she said...

    I've already visited your blog... Sosyal kaayo ang dating...Char kaayo as in... Naay portions na gusto nako i-print but i don't know how.... I'll consult this with my eldest son, Jet... Katong about balikbayan bitaw... medyo taas-taas man tu, di ba? i just want portions to be printed.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Deborah Liza Steele said…

    My apologies, I forgot to mention my friends name... Its Zayta Destura... thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home