TODAY

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Today - September 10, 2005

An interruption again...

I just want to take note that today we got a call that our dinnette set will be delivered next weekend. And that our order for the bedroom suite has been placed and will be delivered same day next weekend. Both furnitures are from different stores. I am so excited! And for sure I will be showing you all the photos!

Gina Daroy, Danaea and me headed to Malaysia. We took the back route as they call it. It means, we took a ship from Pagadian City to Malaysia. In the boat we saw a familiar face, Mrs. Busico. She was a tour guide for other Iliganons. Before we were allowed to go embarked, the customs officers went onboard for inspection. Mrs. Busico was given a hard time by the officers. We heard them talking and Gina and I felt that we should at least help. So we told the officers, that yes we certainly know these people and we came from the same place. I can't remember what the problem was, but it seemed like they were asking if anyone could verify their identity or something... I just totally forgot what it was, all I know was that we had to approach the officer and Mrs. Busico and said we know them. Then they were released.

We thought the trouble was done. Come to find out, there was another group of people, the immigration people. So we had to fall in line again and wait for our turn. Each one was interviewed... forgot what it was all about. But I could see a lot of filipinos right outside the room waiting. And so I observed everything...

I was shocked to know... those filipinos on the other end were up to no good. They scout around for filipinos who looked like they were lost and didn't know what to do. Then they signal or wave to them and talk to them and pretend to help them. They were able to victimized one person. She gave them her money and baggage, since they represented themselves as someone who could help her pass the immigration officer... Then they left her. Poor thing! She was crying, and there was nothing Gina and I could do. It was a mess! I can't understand, why our own countrymen would do that to their own countrymen in a strange land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home