TODAY

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Today - September 1, 2005

Finally September is here! I have been waiting and waiting, so eager to visit the Philippines. It has been years, then months, now it's just weeks away!

I just can't help get so excited! After five long fruitful years in the US, I could now visit the Philippines as an American Citizen. It is a great feeling!

My daughter Danaea and I came here in the US, not really knowing for sure what our future would hold. But with God's tremendous blessing and guidance, we made it through! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

I would like to dedicate my September blog to the memories of how we got to the US.

First, I would like to give a few background information on why and how I met my husband Skip.

I was married in the Philippines for 11 years to a man whom we shall call R. R and I had a beautiful daughter named Danaea. She came to our life when I was 30 years old. My marriage with R was on the rocks, and the thought the coming of the baby would fix it. For a year, it seem like it did. But after that, it was the old days again. I will not mention or discuss the details of how bad it went. Maybe in the future I might reconsider to write about it.

Well anyways, February 1996 (Danaea was only 5 yrs old), when we finally signed an agreement to separate. I know the marriage had no future.

I filed an annulment. It was twice denied. My first attorney, let's call him A. A had a sudden change of heart. For no apparent reason, he just told the judge in one of our hearings that he thinks I wasn't interested in pursuing the annulment since it looks like R and I are getting back. I was shocked and furious. I had to stand up and ask to speak in front of the judge and tell him that I would like to fire my attorney for he is not doing his job.

I then looked for another attorney. And to my luck, no one qualified wanted to handle my case, they said they know R and me, and they don't want to meddle in our affairs. They don't want R to get mad at them. Fancy that!

When I found one that was willing to take up my case, it still got denied. I didn't even get to attend the court hearing or anything. I was just told it was denied. Imagine that!

I then decided to take up law. I was able to passed the exam and enrolled the first semester. My schedule was miserable. I had three kids to take care by now. My brother and his wife separated and I had to take care of his two little girls, just a year younger from each other and Danaea. So I had Danaea a 6 years old, a 5 year old Alliana Katrina and a 4 year old Almira Kassandra. I named both girls.

Everything wasn't turning up well. I then lost a househelp. I just can't do single parenthood with three kids and study law. Just ain't happening. I care too much for the kids to left them alone. I didn't even get to finish my one semester. I can't show up for school ready. And if you are not ready, you better not show up, because you will just be embarrassed by the lawyer instructors.

I still learned something valuable from this law schooling experience. I got to met more lawyers. I got a great advised for my present situation. I was told to go abroad. They said I would be better off if I go to the US and have a new life there. In America, people would treat me better, they would accept a separated woman. During those times in the little city I came from, you were not look upon well if you were separated from your husband. Some people looked down on you, and they consider you a failure. And if I do find me a man or a father for my kids, I would still be the other woman since we can't get married for I will always be married in status. There was no good future for me.

The going to America plan was born! (til next blog)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home