TODAY

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Today - July 24, 2005

We had a great time with the Smiths. Not Angelina Jolie and Brat Pitt! But our good friends Nemia, David, sons JC and Chris. It was a big break for Skip coz he was able to rest and not do anything for the weekend, except talk and hang around with our friends. He always have a hectic sked and he needed this short vacation. He slept early Saturday night and was able to recharge fully.

We were all so relax that we slept like a log and woke up late! We were supposed to live early, but it was so much fun being with the Smiths, it was hard to cut the happy visit short. Nemia gave me leche flan, cheese stick and a dried squid...We finally left at 11:30 AM for Dallas... and the drive was faster... just about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

We talked and talked on the way back home that we didnt noticed the time... We stop at Braums to get some lunch... and I was in for a surprise... I ordered a limeade... thinking it was better than coke or anything else... and whew! was I wrong... it was so sour that you had to make a face after a sip. My honey looked at me and thought... she must be overly reacting to that drink... and took it away from me and zip some... and whala! he had to make a face too... and we both blurted out laughing... he said he thought I was being dramatic in trying to skip coke and drink limeade instead... but he found out himself... that it really wasnt something that you drink and smile... hehehehe... it makes you do a funny face... hehehehe... And so we made Danaea try... and the same thing happened... she was making that same face and said... Man, that is nasty! hehehehehe... So much for the new limeade deal. So if you ever wanna try it... just remember I said it was too strong or too sour for our taste... so beware! Dont say I didnt warn you!

Anyways, I then brought Skip to the airport and as usual his flight was delayed in leaving Dallas... It really sucks... but we have no other option but take them... since we are hoping to get free tickets...

I then went home and watered the yard... and I got bitten by a wasp in my pointer finger... and boy does it sting! I tried to press and push on the bite mark so the venom would get out and that my finger wouldnt swell... it hurt so much... but with my attempt to squeeze it out... I was only feeling the hurt I was doing to it... So I was able to manage a sniffle... I put on some vicks and some hot liquid... I guess, the venom did got out... coz it didnt swell as much... The lesson for me is... to look at the things around me before I start to pick up anything or do something... The wasp was resting in the water sprinkle and I didnt look at it... I just picked it up and was just surprised when I felt the wasp bit me... Had I known... I would have thrown something to make it go away first... before I started bending picking it up with the wasp on it... hehehehe...

The word for today would be wasp... Wikipedia says,

A wasp is any insect of the order Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita that is not a bee, sawfly, or an ant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home