TODAY

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Today - July 26, 2005

There are so many things to talk about that I can't make myself write anything... :)

Let me just pick a word for today and let Wikipedia tell you something about it...

Immigration and Immigrant...

Immigration is the act of moving to or settling in another country or region, temporarily or permanently. An immigrant is someone who intends to reside permanently, and not a casual visitor or traveler. Immigration means "in-migration" into a country, and is the reverse of emigration, or "out-migration." The long term and/or permanent movement of human population in general, whether into, out of, or within countries (or before the existence of recognised countries) is regarded as migration.

I was an immigrant and is now a citizen of the United States of America. Isn't that awesome??

Citizenship according to Wikipedia is...

Citizenship is membership in a political community (originally a city but now usually a state), and carries with it rights to political participation; a person having such membership is a citizen. It is largely coterminous with nationality, although it is possible to have a nationality without being a citizen (i.e. be legally subject to a state and entitled to its protection without having rights of political participation in it); it is also possible to have political rights without being a national of a state - for example a citizen of a Commonwealth country resident in the United Kingdom is entitled to full political rights.

Growing up in the Philippines, it never dawn on me that I would become an immigrant and citizen of the United States of America. It was more of a fantasy dream. I thought, there was no way it was ever going to be possible under any circumstances. But look at where I am today?? I am here in my dreamland... in my fairy land! Dreams do come true... So keep on dreaming and do something about that dream... You will be surprise on where it would land you!

Am I even making sense? :) See, if I start talking about something... another idea crops up and I shift to another story... :)Aarrggghhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home