TODAY

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Today - August 11, 2005

I was so disgusted with a couple of friends (which will remain nameless). I really don't know if you can call them friends. Let me give a little background of what happened a few days ago...

Remember I had a little party and ordered a lechon (roast pig)? Well, I had some of my guest bring some lechon home after the party. I had two other friends A & B who were coming in late because A was working and had no car, and B with the car has to watch over her kid until its 5PM and she sends off her kid to her dad. A was calling me even before the party and told me to set aside the pigs feet and some crunchy skin, because that is why she is coming. And I retorted, "It's good to know that you are coming not to celebrate my citizenship, but just to eat the lechon." And A kinda check herself and said, "Of course, to celebrate your citizenship too." And guess what? They came in and left without saying "Congratulations!" So now you know, they were not there to celebrate with me or anything.

6:00 PM these A & B arrived. A complained why there was nothing left of the lechon. She was expecting a whole bunch. I told her, I had other guest that came in on time and we had to eat. But I made sure they were left a lot to eat and bring home with them.

The leftover lechon still had some crunchy skin, ribs and tummy met and all the four legs were intact. B was complaining that she wanted more pig's skin. I told her there's a lot of skin and meat left for just two people. B replied and said, she doesn't like the meat, just the skin. I said that all the other guests loves the skin too, and I just set aside some skin, meat and the four feet for them, since that was what they asked.

I told them I had to leave and send off my hubby to the airport and will be back soon. They ask me if I already kept some lechon for myself. I said of course, I love lechon and I want to save some for the next few days and still savor the good meat.

The first time these women came to my house, they were acting like they own the place. Those type that would just open your bedroom and snoop around your personal things. So before I left for the airport, I told my nephew Randy to watch them. He told me to lock our bedroom.

Randy was still entertaining another guest Patrick (A young man that used to work for my husband). So he never got round to watching A & B in the kitchen.

I got back from Love Field, and guess what? A & B told me they already changed the arrangement of our decors on top of the sofa table and the fireplace. Arrrgghhh! I told them, my husband did the arrangement himself and I don't think he would appreciate if it was moved. So they just kept silent, but never returned it to its original state. I had to do it myself when they left.

We talked for quite awhile and I shared some photos of my hubby and me when we first met. They were shock to see me slim and young 5 years ago... hehehe Well, I am even shock at myself at how fat I am now... hahahaha... how being obese could make you look matured...

Anyways, B said that she would like me to find her a hubby like mine. I told her I thought she was married or living with someone. She just laugh!

By 9PM, they decided to leave and brought with them the lechon and the "pansit behon or noodles" with them. I was glad because there was so much food and I know I need to give some away.

I just got disappointed that they left me a lot of bones with meat to throw since A just sliced the meat out of it... My trash was already full, and I was hoping they would carry away the lechon that was left. A told me I didn't know better, I should have sliced the meat that way so I could get a lot of meat. She said I should have done the slicing earlier. HAH!!! I replied, "Why would I do that? You were supposed to bring the whole lechon left in this container." She told me she was not bringing ribs and bones with her. She was just going to scrape the whole meat out. She said I should take care of the bones myself. What a guest!!!

And tonight, I was looking forward to a lechon dinner. I was going to heat it. And boy, what a disappointment it was! The lechon I set aside had no skin left. No skin left@#*!!! Danaea and I love the skin of all the parts of the lechon. So I made sure that we had skin left for to eat. Those darn women took it off. Took all the skin off @#*!!! Didnt even left me a bit. I was so mad last night. I couldn't believe I had friends like that. And to think of it, I saw them yesterday and we had halo-halo and they never even told me they took my skin from my lechon.

I promised myself I am not going to invite them ever again in our house. I might go with them for a snack somewhere, but never will they get back to our house. They already showed me that I couldn't trust them for nothing. That was it!!!

I had to call my hubby Skip and my nephew Randy to gripe and tell them about it. I was so shock at how they acted. I don't think they were my real friends. I read a poem or saying somewhere before - that a friend is someone who can reach in your refrigerator and not ask permission. I think that is only true if you didn't give your friends their share and you didnt tell them you set aside something for yourself. I feel a resentment towards them.

Maybe I am selfish. But I tell myself, how could I be selfish if I gave them what they ask for in the first place. Because if they demanded the skin that I had in the refrigerator, I would flatly tell them NO! I want to save some for me and my daughter.

I have other friends who acts so decent. I guess these two are just knockleheads. I think I would have felt better if they told me what they did before they left, or maybe after a few days call me and told me what they did. But not to find out like this. I have been looking forward to a nice dinner tonight. It was just cruel! Maybe that is why I am a fatso, hehehehe... because I love to eat... hahahaha...

For sure though, they will never be invited back to our house again!!!

I know I don't need to be badmouthing anyone... but since this is my blog, I just want to express my frustration with some people or things... Anyhow, they will remain anonymous. I have lots of stories to tell about A. I guess after you read all of it... you too would tell me... Debbie, there were already signs that she wasn't really a friend... so you should have seen it coming, or not expect anything decent from her and her friend B.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Deborah Liza Steele said…

    I got a nice email from Penny... and thought I would share it in the comments section...

    penny_leflore@yahoo.com wrote:

    I wanted to congratulate you on becoming a citizen. From what I understand it is not an easy thing to do. You can be really proud of yourself. We here in the states don't realize how complicated it can be to> become a citizen for people coming from another country to become one.

    I also read your blog. From what I can see, the friends A & B are out to get all they can for free. The fact that you told them that you were saving what you had for your daughter and you shows the lack of respect for you and your family that they have. I feel sorry for them. Someday, they will need a friend like you and won't realize that because of their rudeness, they won't be as close to you as they think. That is their loss. Just be glad you are a better person than they are. You are one of the few people that I admire in this world.

    Best Regards,
    Penny

     

Post a Comment

<< Home