TODAY

Friday, January 13, 2006

Today January 13, 2006

Finally, it's my flex day! I don't need to go to work. I can continue cleaning my mess in the house. My husband and I were planning to go watch a movie. But it got postphoned because Danaea had a basketball practice. So he just continued working and I tidied up.

Then Skip got a call from Albuquerque. They wanted him to be there next week. His boss begged him and told him that it was really important that he helped them out in some problems so they wouldn't lose any money on the project. I knew then, that there would be times like this. And Skip told me that if I didn't want him to go, I just say the word. But since, I too am a worker, I know how it is. He needs to go there and help them out. I then went online to book him his tickets.

As I was booking the tickets... I opened my emails... and I got so terrified when I saw an email telling me to call a number in Las Vegas and it said it was an emergency. I was praying and hoping that nothing bad happened to my cousin who was an abused wife. I didn't recognize the name of the email address, it was from some other person, but still I opened it, because deep in me, I felt like it was not a spam and it was really from my cousin. I got hold of the number and dialed it... and I was shaking when the other end answered... "Emergency." I was aghast to know that the number I called was a hospital... the emergency unit. I then explain to the nurse that I was calling because I got an email about my cousin... and she told me to hold on and I waited for about a minute... but I was already frantic and fearful of what the answer would be...

Then I heard a woman answer the other end, she was a filipina. So we were able to talk in our language and she told me "horrible things." Things that my cousin had endured as an abuse wife... and I couldn't help myself... but cry out so loud... My husband got so worried looking at me whaling like a hurt animal... what she told me was so horrible... and for legal reasons I can't tell you all about it... Just trust me when I say it was horrible and you would be crying too if you knew what it was...

The hospital had a medical report about her and they brought her to the Abuse Women/Child Shelter. They gave me a number to call and contact name. And because it is very confidential, that is all I could say.

Please just help me pray that everything will be go well with my cousin. And that we be able to help her in her case. God Bless you All!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home