TODAY

Friday, August 12, 2005

Today - August 12, 2005

Let's continue talking about A.

A was one of the few first people I met that was from the Philippines. But we never hang around with each other. I was a candidate for Mrs. Philippines of North Texas and so I ask her if she and her friends would like to watch a concert or go dancing because I had a ticket to sell. She never really bought any. She then introduce me to some of her friends. She got hold of my cell and she was then calling me everyday when she is bored by herself. She even calls me at work and just chat with me. I told her not to do that because I was working. And she still keeps on blubbering like she didn't her me. So I did the same. Maybe if I call her when she is working, she would realize it is wasn't right to be talking with friends during work hours. And guess what, she don't want to talk to me because she said it was work hours. She can't stay on the phone for long. That was good I thought. Now she understands how I feel when she does that to me. But to no avail... She still calls me everyday and ask... "What are you doing?" and when I say I am working... she would say "Talaga??" which means "Really" in English. Like it was amazing... hahahaha...And she would again do her blubber and I tried to hang up the phone but she wouldn't budge and since I don't want to be rude I had to keep on reminding her, I need to get off, I need to get off... until finally for about 3 times of asking her, she would give in...

Anyhow, blubber is one thing. She still has some other qualities. She don't drive a car. They do have a van at home, but she pays a co-worker or let's her husband drive her to work. Last year, she started calling me not only to blubber, but to ask me if I can bring her home since her officemate wasnt available. I was friend who was there to help a friend... or so I thought! And she lived way way out of my way... about 19 miles extra trip for me to get home. I did it once, twice, thrice... and now she keeps on giving so many excuses and reason for me to bring her to her house... and it was getting into my nerve. Not only are the prices of gasoline going up... but I am becoming her driver. Before she and I became friends, I wonder who was bringing her home when situations like this occur?? I don't know. But it was becoming obvious to me and my hubby that she was using me. But still, the understanding Deb just put it aside. I thought, I will bring her home once in a while so she would'nt take advantage of me. Now she discovers I like to eat... hehehe... my weakness... she tells me she is cooking some authentic filipino food and she wanted to share it with me, but I had to come and get it in her house because they are not allowed to bring food in the office. So the fatso Debbie went into the trap. I longed for Filipino dishes, and since i dont cook well, this was like a treat to me... Until one day, when she wanted me to bring her to her house for some food... and I couldnt because I had a different schedule... I told her, can I just come in later tonight and get it from you... She made excuses that she had to go somewhere with her hubby... Then same thing happened... she asked me to bring her home because she cooked another food... but ever since my husband started working in Albuquerque, New Mexico, I didn't want to run around the place and leave my daughter Danaea by herself. So I had to begged out and tell her can I pick up the food on the weekend... and again, I get the same excuse... she is going somewhere too... and would not be at home. I then realized, she didnt really want to give me her food, she just wanted a free ride... and that was not nice because she used the food as a bait for me, since she knew I love and longed for Filipino dishes. So, I kinda put a bit of distance with me and her... and Christmas came... and I bought her a present... and since I still had a busy sked... I just told her one of these days I will give it to you... She told me she had one for me too... so that was sweet... and she again wants me to come over to her place and get it... I know the ploy... but since it was christmastime and she was so sweet to have bought me something... I felt pleased...

Guess what? Another disappointment... hehehehe... It was a regift... she told me a lot of lies... I discovered it was a regift coz, i found a tape with a wrapping paper that was torn in one side of the box... hahahaha... So now my friends... how do you think you would feel?? hehehehe... After thinking she was only using you, and realizing she wasn't that bad afterall... then discovering... it was pretty obnoxious of her to tell me lies where she got it and told me she just had no time to wrap it for me... hahahaha... So to you all doing a regift... please make sure... no takes and old wrapping papers are showing... This is the second incident that I got a regift from another friend... tell you about it later... but this one is a very good friend... so I am very lenient on some of her actions... hahahahaha... we go back a long long time ago...

Anyways, to get back to my story... I felt disgusted with this person... The gift was pretty... but the idea that she lied was not good for me... I kept on my distance again... she still calls me everyday... same crap... "What are you doing? Really?" and she would tell me stories, she told me already a few days ago... hehehehe... and even if she was like this... I still wasnt rude... I still made her do her thing... when I wasnt working or when I am shopping or driving... I just let her blubber... hehehe... maybe she needs to let it out of her system... that's fine with me... hehehe...

Her daughter graduates, we heads for California. When she came back she had many stories. After a few weeks of returning, she suddenly tells me, she bought me a purse... a GUCCI... from California... I thought to myself... yeah right... a GUCCI... hehehehe... that is expensive and I myself will not buy a real GUCCI for a friend... hehehe... She kept on calling and insisting that I picked it up... And finally after two months, I gave in... I brought her home and picked up the bag... It was cute... soft inside... and she even added another nine west bag for my daughter Danaea... So I was very pleased... and thought, maybe she did changed...

Finally the day came that I used the bag she gave me... and guess what?? hehehehe... I couldnt believe myself... It was a second hand... hehehe... I saw the leather for the string that ties it was already torn... i inverted the bag... I saw some trace that it was already a used bag... oh, my God! hahahaha... When will I learn! When will i realized... this person is just messing with me... But I couldnt possible believe that she would insist for two months for me to get the bag she bought for me from California and to find out it was really crappy... hahahaha... I never thougth she had the guts to do that to me... I still wore it... and it fell apart... hahahaha... Gosh! Now, isnt that already a sign that she wasn't really a friend, friend! hehehehe...

So when she pulled this trick on me during my party... That was it! I think after reading all those experience... that I remembered she did... hehehe... I think you would also conclude... she wasnt really a true friend... Well, if your conclusion is contradictory to mine... then be my guest! I think those were good enough experience for me to learn my lessons that some people are just "one of a kind special" in this world!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah diay ba kapal gud nya no?

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Deborah Liza Steele said…

    hehehe... mao oy... but malooy baya ko niya Ms. Joy... kay basin og ingon ana na gyod sya nga tao... Wla lang ko malingaw nga iya ko gihimoan ana after what I did for her... How are you na? Can I link your blog here?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home