TODAY

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today January 15, 2006

The incident about my cousin is slowly getting better. I thanked God again for his help! Please help us pray that we be able to help her secured her stay in the US. I can't again discuss more about it, because the husband has always been online and who knows he might be reading my blog right now.

He called me two days after she ran away. And he had the gall to tell me that she was missing and that he filed a missing person's report. This guy is something else. He knew and he saw her ran away from him when he was hurting her... He saw the police car talking to his wife... and the police even talked to him... The gall of him to call me and tell me she was missing... Who is he fooling? He kept calling and emailed me and harassed me... He even threatened me that my helping her disappear is illegal. That he would have her deported... He is lucky, that my cousin was still in a shock and she wasn't able to think straight... or he would have found himself in jail for trying to kill her in the car.

Before my cousin got to the USA... I told her I wanted to talk to her fiancee and make friends with him since he will become family... and guess what? He told her, that he was old and the phone ringing would be a big disturbance to him... Now, is that really how a fiancee should react to a relative. I found it very strange that he wanted no connection with us. So I never got to call her.

I told her to just give me the number so that when she gets to the USA... we can call her that day and welcome her. Guess what? We did call and no one answered. Come to find out, it was a cellphone. They didn't have a house phone. And the excuse was that, the husband left his cellphone at home. So that is why our calls were never answered. I told my cousin, there is a phone booth everywhere, why didn't her husband let her call and tell us she was fine and she is now in the USA. She said that it took so long for her luggage to get in... they were hungry they had to eat... just many lame excuses... I didn't buy it...

Everytime I call and my cousin answers, she would always have to speak english, and I didnt understand why? We have our own dialect, why english? Not that we are hiding something... but as you all know... it is more spontaneous if you use your dialect. Not only was she speaking english, but our conversations would just be short... Like a hi and hello and we are going somewhere... it was not a regular talk with a relative... it sounded more like a business talk... Anyways, I just shrugged my shoulder on this weird act... Then, as the days went by... my cousin told me I shouldn't call much, because her husband doesn't want her talking on the phone because the bill would be big. I told her I can buy her a phone card and she can call at night time so it wouldnt be hard on them. Or that I call her at night myself since my phone has a free nights and weekends plan into it. Still, she insisted that her husband is not happy with her talking to us on the phone... Until it came to the point that I am not allowed to call her, nor is she allowed to call me. That is when my suspicion was growing that there is something wrong with this marriage... She has no freedom to talk to her relatives... She was not given access to contact friends and relatives... He only allows her from time to time to use his cellphone and only if she speaks english... and he understands every word she is saying.

And now, when he abused her and she rans away... I am the person he calls... like I was his bestfriend or something... when he himself put the wall or block from my being able to communicate with my cousin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home