TODAY

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Today January 28, 2006

Hep Hep Hurrah for Danaea!!!

Today is the third Saturday that Danaea and her basketball team played. For the past two saturdays, they lost the game. They were amateurs and inexperience. You could tell by watching their game that they don't know anything about it at all.

I cheered for them every saturday, and before the game ends... I will lose my voice. So much for cheering. I was so loud. Danaea got embarrassed by me. *mischievous grin* I promised her that today, I will behave and not yell much.

Danaea was not looking forward today because she felt that their team is going to lose again. She has played well, and every game she has developed confidence and some skills. She could get the ball from the opponent and could pass it so quickly. The problem was, even it was too fast, even her team mates didn't see it coming...

Oh well, we still encourage her to continue on what she was doing. Maybe this time, the team would be awake...

In her first game, she didn't get to wear her glasses. She couldn't hardly see the ball and the goal. The second game, she was able to see things clearly, but wasn't able to move with ease for fear that her glasses would fall off. We promised to buy her a safety bond to hold her glasses in the next few days.

But Saturday came for the third game, we still didn't get her that safety bond. She said it was ok, they would lose anyway... This third game started at 8AM on a rainy day. We thought nobody in her team would show up and they would be at default.

Well it wasn't so... The team was complete. Like I promised, I didn't cheer (for the first 20 minutes). It was my husband Skip who was cheering for Danaea... as it turned out. Their team was playing well. Danaea is one of the first five players of their team. And she was so great!!! She not only got the ball from the other team, she was also making goals. Wow! I couldn't help myself but break my promise and started cheering for their team... *big smile*... They were all doing great! Well, the fact that the other team couldn't make a goal also helped. But they had one player that was very good and making the scores too. But Danaea and her other team mates were more aggressive this time, so it really helped a lot. Although they need to pay more attention about the rebound... they most of the time just stand there when one attempts to shoot a ball... they don't rebound.

Danaea's team called the "Black Widow" won the game. I forgot the scores... hehehe...
But she got the player of the day award from the coach... she really shined that day! We were all so proud of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home